Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Brain Spillage #9: Musical Theoriess

singing. i love singing. but i am an absolute goob and get awful stagefright! when surrounded with the right people though, it can feel magical and i cant help but singing.

Lately, dealing with school stress, family stress, and personal life stress, i struggle to find things that will get me through and keep my anxiety levels down (bc if they go up too high bad things happen lol). So here are a few things ive been doing to keep myself level....

1. Dieting: being in the constant mindset of eating healthy comsumes a lot of your brainpower! once you get used to eating whatever you want, it hard to restrict yourself, so focusing on this helps keep me level.

2. Working out: now, im not a health freak or obssesed with the way i look, i happen to love myself (unlike SOO many people). working out sort of releases stress, and for me it helps me take out my anger on something productive instead of on other people or myself. plus..im trying to get into shape so i can go out for roller derby this summer!

3. Singing and Music: this is a BIG one for me. theres sucha deep connection that happens when you sing something with the emotions you are feeling. you connect with the music on such a deep level, it surprises me sometimes because ill just start crying sometimes while im singing. lately, its been "We Are Broken" (LIVE) by Paramore. the live version has so much emotion and it great to sing when things maybe arent going as planned. Music also is awesome. i spend sooo much money on music it is ridiculous! lol.

3. Coloring or DIY: this is such a stress reliever because you dont have to think about anything else outside of where you are coloring of where you are sewing or what you are putting together. i used to take ceramics in high school and i dont know if i would have survived if i didnt.

4. Lastly (but not least!!!) JESUS!: His love is really all i need. That brings me comfort like nothing else.


this blog isnt going to be very long, but i do encourage you to find those couple of things that level you out and make life a little easier to bear. its gonna be different for everyone, like my friend likes to do her makeup in different ways or try different hairstyles. my cousin does softball. so find that thing for you and share it. you will be surprised to find that there are many people who never express themseleves and have all their emotions bottled up. lets help the world be a little less stressed!






peace. love. happiness. red velvet cupcakes.


A.A.K

No comments:

Post a Comment