Thursday, February 18, 2010

Brain Spillage #13: Ax Murderers?

so, i recently came into a large sum of money, and let me tell you, it is driving me absolutely bonkers! i have to basically talk myself out of buying every little thing i want. needless to say, i want to go shopping and blow it all on shoes and clothes and HAIR BOWS...BUT i musnt! i must control myself and carry on.

in other news, i have also begun to try to figure out my dreams. i have this one reoccuring dream that goes like this...

(just a little bit of background: i have a history of sleepwalking, the first time being when i was about 8, and the last time being about a week ago. its important for you to know that having someone break into my house in the middle of the night is one of my worst nightmares. also, my sister is currently living in my house and she sleeps on the couch which is next to the bathroom.)

so.......my dream begins as im laying down on my bed. i get up at 3am to go to the bathroom, which is fairly common as i do this every night. while im in the bathroom, i leave the door partially open because i am too lazy to turn on the light and im half asleep. then i start to hear some footsteps. thinking its my sister, i call out her name, but instead of hearing a response, i hear the footsteps come closer. i slowly walk out to the living room to find a tall man wearing a gas mask and combat boots and holding an axe in his hand. Hes sort of peering over my sister but shes dead asleep. i freak out and run back in the bathroom, closing the door and locking it behind me. he then starts to chop the door down with his axe and im cowering in the corner of the bathroom. as soon as he gets through the door, i wake up.

the weird thing is, when i wake up, im nto always scared. sometimes i wake up really mad. and almost everytime ive had that dream, ive woken up in some position other than my usual sleeping position, like sitting up on my bed, or sitting on the floor or standing in front of my closet. i think its pretty wierd.

in one of my classes we have been studying dreams and what they might mean. ive been tryint o figure out ym dream, but every explaination ive come up with or any explanation ive gotten from someone else doesnt make sense to me. so my teacher encouraged me to do this next time i have this dream. i am supposed to walk up to the ax killer and ask him what he wants. maybe that will explain why i keep having those dreams. this all seems pretty crazy right, to try to change your dreams. but think about it. think about the dreams you have had and how they may be significant to your life.

dreams are creepy stuff!





peace. gum. and jawbreakers.

A.A.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment