Monday, January 11, 2010

Brain Spillage #3: Skool's Kool Fool!

monday, january 11th.....

i start school tomorrow and needless to say i am excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really loved being on break and laying on my couch all day eating hot cheetos with frosting and watching t.v, but after about 3 days of that, i start to feel extremely unproductive, at which point i start to get antsy and by the time school comes back around I'm oooooOOOOooober excited for it. my current school situation is a little bit interesting, so I'm gonna explain it for everyone out there who does not know!

for my freshman and sophomore years of college i went to a Patten University extension in Fresno so i could be a part of this ministry program. So, i was basically a Patten student, just in another city, 3 hours away, in the middle of nowhere, in the heat, in the valley, with all the cows! LOL. After my second year, the program closed down and i moved back home, home being REDWOOD CITY!!! woot woot! This of course meant i was going to be back in the SF bay area, the place of my origins. Patten University happens to be located in Oakland, so i could easily live at home and commute without a problem! now for those of you who do NOT know the bay area, this is where it gets tricky. I live in Redwood City, lets name this point A. I work in Palo Alto, at least 3 hours everyday, and that is about 20 minutes south of point A. Let's call that point B. Patten University is about 45 minutes away from point A, which makes it an hour and 5 minutes away from point B. That's A CRAPLOAD or driving time! and the fact i drive an SUV doesn't make it cheap on gas!!! Lucky for me my advisor only gave me classes 3 days a week so i can work 2 full days and 3 half days. pretty cool right! :)

i really love my major (clinical psychology!) and i really love every class Ive had to take to get closer to my degree. and this semester I'm taking an art class, thanks to my friend Jared Ray since he talked me into it, even though it was something Ive wanted to do. you see, there are 2 very different almost opposite sides of me! one side wants to get my degree in clinical psychology, work in the jail system, and eventually start my own practice. The other side of me wants to get my degree, then go to culinary school, open a restaurant where i can cook the foods i love and my friends can display their art and music. Sounds awesome right? Maybe i can do both! why not! therapist by day...restaurant owner on nights and weekends! sounds awesome to me! :))

well, as you may know i am at work, and it is coming close to that time where i have to go move my car. LOL. ill have a new blog up every monday, wednesday, and friday. hopefully. unless i have major work to do or some big assignment for school (since i am working on my senior thesis..getting a head start!). I love you all, and please share the word with the people you know! the more readers the better. We can get more conversations going! woop woop. party hardy blarty carty! haha!



Peace out. good riddance. aloha. bleh.




Amy G.

No comments:

Post a Comment