Sunday, July 17, 2011

Brain Spillage #39: okay, i know!

i am overwhelmed with a feeling of melancholia as a realize that i have already failed at the daily blog thing. LOL but to my defense, these last few days have been very..special i could say. I have had a lot of time to think about my life and the things that have made me the person I am. actually, it was this whole blog thing, the picking out of my favorite live performances. I really started digging to find the live performances that have moved me in some way and in that, in watching and listening to them again, i could not help but be moved once again. it really shook me to find out the power that music has over me. I always knew i loved music and that music plays a big part of my life, but i guess i had never realized how much it makes up who i am. my memories, my emotions, my motivation are all tied in to music in some sort of way. its very overwhelming to say the least.

being the person that i am, i always compare myself to others my age, just because i never quite felt in sync with my generation. a lot of people my age are committed in serious relationships, married, with kids, or just focused on partying and having a good time. Yes, i do like to have a good time, but if i had the choice i would chose a show over a club any day. i would chose records over beer, my ipod over the radio, and my favorite album over any guy. i guess my fear of commitment isnt fear at all, but im already committed to music. its braided into my DNA. its who i am.

enough of philospher Amy, and to the music.


Let The Flames Begin by Paramore

i always get goosebumps after watching this live performance of Let The Flames Begin by Paramore. it gets my heart pumped and so excited. this is once of those bands that sound even better live than they do on their studio records. in fact, listening to their albums makes me a bit frustrated because they sound so much better live. another thing that i love is the intensity in lead singer Hayley Williams' voice. this performance is amazing by the simple fact that even when there are no words, you can feel the intensity. you feel the truth of the song beyond the lyrics. you feel the passion and the absolute rawness.

i truly love this record The Final Riot: Live in Chicago. if you don't own it, i def recommend it. lots of high energy and GREAT talent.

i will try my best to make this thing daily. IM TRYING!




A.A.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment